What is Yoga?
Some times it is defined as the unión between mind, body and universe (Upanishads). Some times yoga as the calming of the fluctuations of the mind (Pantanjali The Sutras). How you define it is not important, the most important thing is your availability for yourself whilst you are practicing, your presence and self reflection within you practice, your compassion, curiosity and self love. From this perspective the practice transforms you.
For the mind to be balanced the body also has to be. We grow awareness of our body, its habits, its tensions, the movement or ripples of the mind, our subconcious patterns and we explore if they serve us or not in each momento of our lives.
We surrender and accept how we are in every momento and we maintain a present full breath. Too much effort can cause tensión, so to find this balanced fluid state we recognise the subtle grace found within the correct effort for us in every moment.
We offer a combination of practices explained below.
The practices are open to all levels, with modifications of each form / posture and the possibilitiy to be accompanied by the breath of practicitioner with more experience. Each practice finishes with breath techniques, meditation / mindfulness and relaxation. The intention in pureyogacanarias is that you receive tolos that can improve your health, develop your self awareness and your connection to yourself to grow your personal power and enjoy your life.
The benefits of the practice are infinite when one pays attention to the sensations that arise and adopts an attitude focused on compassion, curiosity free from judgement.
- Improved flexibility and mobility
- Better physical stability
- Improved general health
- Better physical strength
- Facilitates emotional stability
- Anti depressant
- Anti anxiety
- Facilitates awareness and transformation of addictions
- Removes tensión and tightness in the body
- Improves potential work capacity
- Improved social relations
- Creates calmness and peace
- Improves self control and impulsiveness
- Facilitates the state natural state of happiness
- Develops your natural potential
- Eliminates internal conflict